Wednesday, December 9, 2009

First Ultrasound

So my doctor was thinking I was a little further along then we thought so I had an ultrasound to see how big this baby really was. They ended up moving my due date up to May 17th, which is fine with me I want that baby here safe and sound as soon as possible. The joys of pregnancy have already started to show. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and mega colon. I'm on a medication for the thyroid problem but the colon issue is never ending. I will most likely have to have surgery after the baby is born to have part of it removed. I figure that's why I didnt get morning sickness basically because the Lord knew I would be faced with all these other problems. Needless to say I love being pregnant and we find out what we are having on the 29th of December.

3 comments:

Nicki G said...

So cute, you guys are going to love parenthood, it is honestly the greatest joy you will ever know. Sorry to hear you have a few problems going on, I hope everything works out OK!

M&M Wilkerson Family said...

Ah, Kel! Your baby looks beautiful! And May 17, that's not too far away, our babies will be close in age. At least with the pregnancy you're getting a closer look at your own health, right? I'll be praying for you. I'm sad, too, that we haven't talked in so long. I hope this Christmas season is treating you well and I love you lots!

Shanell said...

Oh how cute. Ultrasounds are so fun!

LOL....loved the comment you left me. The one thing I'm sort of good at is updating my blog regularly.....I bet you will too when that baby comes.